Our Junior Blues site is intended for users under 13 years of age and so we collect and process information of children under the age of 13. If you are older than 13, you should visit our main website www.chelseafc.com.
The Junior Blues registration process tells children about the personal data we collect about them and why we collect it.
We comply with data protection laws including the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations and COPPA.
What Information do we collect?
Children can register for an account on the Junior Blues site. We collect the following information in order to set up your child’s Junior Blues account:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth (so we can check that your child is of the right age for Junior Blues. If they’re older than 13, we’ll direct them to our main website)
- A nickname and password for their Junior Blues account
- An email address for a parent/guardian (so that we can email you to ask you if your child can sign up for a Junior Blues account)
Once we’ve collected this information, we immediately send you an email asking you if you consent to your child signing up for a Junior Blues account. If you don’t consent, or don’t respond within two days of getting the email, we’ll delete the information we’ve collected.
2. How do we use Personal Information
We use your child’s personal information in the following ways:
- To administer and operate the Junior Blues site
- If your child enters competitions or attends event with us, to run the competition or event
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. to comply with COPPA if you’re from the USA)
- To analyse improve and maintain the Junior Blues site, and to monitor usage of the site
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process personal information:
· Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you consent to your child signing up to a Junior Blues account). You are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
· Because it is in our legitimate interests in operating the Junior Blues site
3. Who do we share this Personal Information with?
We may share your and your child’s personal information with the following third parties:
- With the other companies in the Chelsea FC group, as necessary to operate our business.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. certain suppliers may help us analyse usage information, or provide storage for the personal information collected on the Junior Blues site
- With our professional and legal advisors
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so
Where is your Personal Information stored, and how long is it kept?
Our servers are located in the United Kingdom. However, Chelsea FC uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your Personal Information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where the local laws do not provide the same level of data protection as those in Europe. If we transfer Personal Information outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards. These safeguards may include the EU’s standard contractual clauses or the EU-US Privacy Shield. Please contact us if you would like more
information about these safeguards.
5. How long do we store Personal Information?
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us.
As set out above, if you do not approve the creation of a Junior Blues account by your child, we’ll delete their personal information promptly. If at any time you close your child’s Junior Blues account, we’ll delete their information a short time after the account is closed.
We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
How do we protect information?
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessed when necessary. A limited number of people have special access rights to such systems and they are required to keep the information confidential.
Whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your Personal Information, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
What are Cookies and how to we use them?
We use a small number of cookies to allow us to understand how our visitors navigate the Junior Blues site on each visit and remember you if you return to the Junior Blues site. We use this information to improve the Junior Blues site and to tailor their contents.
These are the cookies we use:
Adobe Analytics - Industry standard analytics that gives us statistics on how much traffic the website is getting (Click here for further information)
Google Analytics - Industry standard analytics thatgives us statistics on how much traffic the website is getting (Click here for further information)
8. Your rights regarding your Personal Information
You have certain rights in respect of your and your child’s Personal Information, including the right to access, correct, restrict, and request the erasure of your Personal Information, and obtain a copy of it in a machine-readable format.
You also have the right to object to your Personal Information being used for certain purposes, including to send you the Junior Blues newsletter.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your Personal Information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your Personal Information, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any concerns.
At any time, you can refuse to let us collect further information from your child in relation to the Junior Blues site, and can tell us to delete the personal information we’ve collected about your child in relation to the Junior Blues site.
9. Contact us
10. Changes to our Policy